Uric acid is an organic compound product of the degradation of purines, basic components of the nucleus of all cells.
Uric acid is produced mainly in the liver, intestine, muscles and kidneys, and is the product of the breakdown of substances called purines, which mostly come from animal proteins.
The human body also obtains uric acid from the degradation of its own cells, when they complete their complete life cycle and must be renewed naturally by the body.
Normally, uric acid is eliminated mainly through the kidneys.
High levels of uric acid in the blood are due to: an increase in its production in the liver, by a diet rich in purines or by little elimination at the kidney level.
Uric acid functions
• Endothelial function.
• Immune or defense response in the body.
• Resistance to parasites.
• Participates in the response in allergic reactions.
• Defense against neurological and autoimmune diseases.
Causes of high uric acid:
• Overweight and obesity.
• Alcohol consumption, such as beer and wines
• Bad nutrition. Excesses of:
• Red meat and sausages.
• Fish and seafood.
• Some legumes: lentils and chickpeas.
• Asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflowers, spinach, radishes, and leeks.
• Defect in its elimination by the kidneys.
• Some medications that cause excess uric acid production.
Diseases associated with elevated uric acid
Elevated uric acid is involved in several diseases, such as:
• Gout (gouty arthritis).
• Kidney diseases: kidney stones or stones.
• Metabolic syndrome.
• Insulin resistance and type 2 DM.
• Fatty liver of non-alcoholic origin.
Diet for uric acid
In this segment we will mention what foods to eat to lower uric acid:
There are general steps to take:
• Weight Loss: Research indicates that cutting calories and losing weight lowers uric acid levels even without restricting purine-rich foods.
• Type of carbohydrates: Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains that can supply complex carbohydrates. Always prefer fruits to naturally sweet fruit juices.
• Hydration: it is necessary to stay well hydrated.
• Fat consumption: it is necessary to reduce the consumption of saturated fats from red meat, fatty chicken, and high-fat dairy products.
• Proteins Focus on lean meats, poultry, and low-fat dairy.
Let's see in more detail the foods we should avoid and what to eat to lower uric acid?
Based on the high, medium or low level of purines, we are going to give a list of foods that allows us to guide the diet and know which foods are used to lower uric acid:
Foods that can always be eaten due to its low level of purines:
• Breads and cereals: low in fiber, white flour or refined grains.
• Coffee and tea.
• Eggs up to 4 per week.
• Fruits and natural juices.
• Fats and oils in small quantities.
• Low-fat or fat-free cheeses.
• Milk: skim or 1% (limit to 24 ounces per day).
• Nuts and peanut butter.
• Pasta and macaroni.
• Soups made without meat extract or broth.
• Muscovado sugar, syrup and other sweets in small amounts.
• Foods with moderate amounts of purines:
These foods can be eaten but avoid excessive amounts:
The ideal is a single daily serving.
• Beef, lamb, pork.
• Consommé and broth, made with meat or poultry broth.
• Dried beans, peas, lentils.
• Some fish.
• Fresh beans and peas.
• Wheat germ and bran.
• Whole-grain foods.
• Yeast: all types.
Foods to always avoid:
• Game meats, such as goose, duck and partridge.
• Meat sauces.
• Some fish, such as herring and mackerel.
• Meat extracts.
• Organ meats or viscera: brain, tongue, heart, kidney, liver.
• Sweet cakes.
• Scallops, mussels, seafood.
Being overweight can affect one’s self-esteem, it is also harmful to one’s health. The extra fat in your body can make you prone to diseases easily. High blood pressure, diabetes and heart attack are few examples from the list of diseases. Obesity or being overweight is caused due to boredom, depression, anger, lack of exercise, lack of rest, incorrect lifestyle, improper diet and hypothyroidism. Alive Customer Reviews
CALL ☎:/What-Sapp: +27635090276 Dr. PAPA WAVAR of Spiritual Love Spells Powerful Psychic Love Spells that work, Best Traditional Spiritual Healer | Herbalist | Sangoma with trusted Spells | World’s Top lost love spells caster, couple break up spells,… Ammochostos
Male herbal Booster +27781797325-100% natural & advanced Formula Krugersdorp, Kempton Park, Protea Glen
Manhood Specialist… WhatsApp: +27781797325 Calls: +27789121499 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web info: https://www.al-africanspells.com/ Web: https://www.chiefmuntuspells.co.za Free & Fast Delivery Manhood Enlargement Premature Ejaculation Weak Erection… Ammochostos
Depression is defined as a common mental disorder that negatively affects our emotions and feelings, how we think and act. It can present as excessive feelings of sadness and loss of interest in things you once enjoyed, and it can even cause physical… Ammochostos
When we stop exercising, a series of processes can happen in the body that often seem to be imperceptible, however, this can affect us directly even if we do not know it. Today the fitness lifestyle seems to have reached everywhere, and with it, a general… Ammochostos
Uneven pigmentation is one of the most common complaints that skincare professionals hear in the treatment room, along with aging and acne concerns. However, changes in skin pigmentation can arise due to many different factors. Perhaps one of the most… Ammochostos