Take care of the health of your family, treat infections and reduce the risk of cancer, discover all the benefits of garlic and add it to your diet.
The origin of garlic lies in central Asia, and it is from there that it spreads throughout the world. The bulb, with an intense smell and flavor, is covered by a papery envelope and consists of several easy-to-separate pieces called cloves. These contain a substance called alliin, which through the action of a ferment is transformed into allyl disulfide, which causes the characteristic smell of garlic.
NUTRITIONAL PROPERTIES OF GARLIC
• Sulfur components (allicin, allyl disulfide).
• Vitamin C
• Vitamian B1 and B6
BENEFITS OF GARLIC FOR YOUR HEALTH
1. Garlic extract, even at low concentrations, is a powerful inhibitor of Helycobacter pylori, a bacterium involved in the development of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
2. It helps to inhibit the formation and activation of carcinogenic inducers such as nitrosamines.
3. It acts as a powerful anticoagulant, preventing platelets or thrombocytes from sticking to the walls of the arteries or clumping together, thus reducing the risk of heart attacks.
4. Because it helps to dilate blood vessels, it reduces blood pressure.
5. A study published in the journal Cancer Preventios Reserch, revealed that people who consume raw garlic at least twice a week have a lower risk of developing lung cancer.
6. It can be used as an antiseptic to clean and treat insect bites.
7. Its antiviral and bactericidal properties help to strengthen the immune system and raise defenses.
8. It is a good remedy to treat respiratory infections.
9. It has antibacterial properties, so it helps prevent food poisoning, even during World War II it was used to treat diarrhea and infections in trenches.
10. It contains sulfuric compounds that are perfect for reducing inflammation.
11. Improves the health and appearance of the skin, its antioxidants protect you from cell damage and delay aging.
12. Strengthens bones and helps treat osteoarthritis.
13. Garlic stimulates blood flow to the scalp, adds shine and makes hair more resistant to breakage. In addition, it improves the condition of dry hair and controls itching.
THE BEST WAY TO CONSUME GARLIC
The effects of garlic seem to manifest themselves, especially when it is ingested raw and minced, since the alliin present is converted into allicin, which is responsible for the aforementioned benefits.
To avoid the hassle of taste and smell after eating garlic, you can choose to drink some lemon juice or chew on a mint leaf.
The human body is an incredibly complex biochemical machine. This becomes very evident the moment something begins to fail in our body. For example, maybe you've been feeling more stress and anxiety lately. This stress and anxiety may have started to… Larnaka